Spanish Immersion Course at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
The Spanish Language Immersion Program at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas in Puerto Rico is geared to allow the non-Spanish speaking students to experience the Spanish language and culture in an environment conducive to learning.
Outside of class, the student will join the instructors in co-curricular activities designed to help them build new vocabulary while developing cultural fluency—from diving in the beach to cooking rice and beans, from competing in the gym to preparing their own photo show.
This powerful blend of rigorous academic study and varied co-curricular activity guarantees the effectiveness of our unique learning experience.
Our immersion Spanish course, starts on July 5 and runs until July 30, 2010
- Minimum of 4 hours of classroom and lab interaction 5 days a week, for 4 weeks
- Other co-curricular learning experiences- Gym, photography class, scrapbooking, cooking class, bowling, beach, and many others
- Guided cultural Tours – Day long trips to tourist attractions and relevant cultural and historical sites around the Island.
- All classes and activities are presented in Spanish, by skilled bilingual professionals.
Participants might be grouped by levels, if necessary
Sample daily schedule:
Monday - Friday
- 8:00-12:00 Conversational Spanish Class and Lab
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 5:00 Cultural activities and crafts
Note: Make sure you bring summer clothing, comfortable walking shoes and your video camera.
UAA Language Institute
- This price includes level test, tuition, all course materials, room and board, and local trips. Course participants have access to all our facilities, including Internet.
- Minimum participants required: 15
Ext. 2710, 2729
Early Bird Discounts:
Enrollment by April 30 - 10%
Enrollment by May 31 - 5%
Groups of 5 - 5% additional
Groups of 10 - 7% additional